One of the many benefits of being a member of IAGP is the opportunity for members, their employees and family members to be eligible for annual IAGP Educational Scholarships. Annually IAGP awards two $500 scholarships to students of any relative or employee of a current IAGP member. Students with any area of study can submit for the scholarship, however students with groundwater or science-based studies are preferred but not required.
The award can be used to further applicant’s formal education (college or university, junior college, trade or technical school or technical training workshop) and used only for payment toward registration and fees, any books or study materials, or for any required uniforms.
Scholarship applications are dues each year on December 31 for the upcoming school year.
- Applicant must be a relative or employee of a current IAGP member.
- Applicant must be a high school senior or at least 18 years old.
- Applicant must be accepted at a college, university or trade or technical school (student may be full- or part-time).
- Copy of class schedule or enrollment confirmation and grade reports report (if available) must be submitted with application.
- Essay, academic record, ACT or SAT results (if appropriate), and extracurricular activities will be used by IAGP committee to make its selection if numerous applications are received.
- Applicant must submit copies of his or her high school transcripts and any ACT or SAT results (if first-year student). Award is for one year. Applicant must reapply each year up to four years total.
- Application deadline is December 31. Only complete applications submitted by deadline will be considered. Winners will be notified within 40 days after the submission deadline. Applications must be returned to: IAGP, 4200 Conestoga Dr., Box 103, Springfield, IL 62711.
- The IAGP Scholarship and Awards Committee and Board of Directors has absolute discretion in selecting recipients of the award and in determining the amount of said award. IAGP Directors may make such amendments and modifications of the rules and regulations pertaining to the selection of award recipients, the amount of each award and the payment of awards as they, in their sole discretion, determine.